Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving




We had a wonderful thanksgiving. Lots of food and relaxing and my brother, Dave! It was so nice to see him. We hadn't seen him for about three years. He drove down from Provo on Wednesday and left to go home on Friday. We wanted him to stay longer, but he had a long paper to write that's due on Monday. We put the extension in the table and the kids set it for us. We had a free-range turkey, mashed potatoes (with sour cream, butter and cream cheese whipped in), sweet potato casserole, homemade cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, rolls, gravy and, of course, sparkling cider. For dessert we had apple, chocolate and pumpkin pie.
I'm so thankful for my family and friends. I'm grateful to have the gospel in my life. I'm grateful for the scriptures and the examples of the people from the Bible and Book of Mormon. I'm thankful for all of the little convienences that we have like dishwashers, washing machines, cars and bicycles, cameras, phones, computers. I'm grateful for doctors, teachers, police and firemen. I'm grateful for the men and women who have and are serving our country and putting their lives on the line for freedom for us and for people not from our country. I'm thankful for a living prophet. I could go on and on. I'm thankful to my Heavenly Father for all of the blessings He has given me and I hope I'm living a "thankful" life. What are you thankful for?


3 comments:

Timani said...

Dave came over tonight and he said that he had fun visiting all of you.

Ann-Marie said...

It sounds like you all had fun! I can't wait to come and visit. Maybe next year?

Dave Buck said...

I probably am six foot three inches in that photo.