Monday, November 24, 2008

Scrappy stuff
















I pulled out my scrapbook stuff on Saturday evening and it's now Monday morning and it's still spread out on the dining table and surrounding floor. I don't have a scrapbook room, so I keep it packed away and have to get it out each time i want to scrapbook. Needless to say, I don't scrap as much as I'd like to. But when I do get it out it sometimes stays out for 2-4 days. I've done 14 pages. I had a bunch of photos of each of my kids that I wanted to do something with, but most of the photo didn't warrant a whole page to themselves. So last night I did a sort of collage page for each one of them and we all love them! The kids really liked all of those pictures together. It's fun to see pictures from baby on up all on the same page. The pages were very easy. I chose my photos, then used a 2" square punch to crop the pictures. Then I just laid them out grid-like on cardstock. I filled the empty spaces in with patterned paper, buttons, bling, etc. It was exciting to get so many photos scrapbooked in one sitting and I think the pages look great! I made another quick one (the layout idea came from an online scrapbook gallery) with a pic of our pumpkin patch trip last year. The other page I've posted is also one I made last night. Dallin and two friends were invited to an 80's themed 16th birthday for a girl from church. Everyone was supposed to dress 80's, so these characters went as The Beastie Boys. They thought of some other things to wear, but their budget was small and they couldn't buy suits or HazMat-type jumpers for $10! They looked great and the adults that were there (at the party) knew exactly who they were supposed to be.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness, I really love the collage pages. It IS fun to see all stages of their lives on one page. Thanks Stacey!! Oh, and Dallin and his friends look great.

Ann-Marie said...

I love those!!!! It makes me want my kids to grow up fast so I can a collage page for each of them. I figured the Beastie Boys were Dallin and friends. Who came up with the idea? Do kids still listen to the Beastie Boys? I used to everyday because Dan was the driver to and from school and always chose the music...

Anonymous said...

I love those layouts! and I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR HAIR! Looks great.