Monday, December 3, 2007

Creche's from around the world



A few decorations around my house. I made the advent calendar from a Making Memories kit I bought at Target. The trees are styrofoam cones covered in Christmas scrapbooking paper. I love the circle one. I just punched circles out of the paper and attatched them with a dressmakers pin in the middle. I added ribbon at the top and bottom of all three trees. The stars are chipboard that I painted white and then sprinkled with white glitter. There is a little nativity scene in the middle cubbie of the black coat rack/bench (below). I think I need a poinsetta in place of the plant in the red pot. Our tree is tiny, but looks good in our tiny place. It's artificial and already has the lights on it. We can put it up and get it decorated in about 15 minutes :) And the good thing about an artificial tree is no pine needles. Oh, and no spiders crawling out of it!


I took a ton of photos at the Community Christmas Celebration. I'll try to post some each day, so you can see lots and lots of them! There were creches from all over the world and they were amazing. My battery died part way through so I think I'll go back tomorrow night and get some more photos. I want to make a mini scrapbook with the pics.

6 comments:

Timani said...

All decorated? Geesh, we bought our tree Saturday and it's still undecorated, but now everything is out of the attic and ready to be brought in. Dan's on call tonight, so tomorrow we'll decorate it. I rearranged my living room 3 times today and didn't like any of them for the tree...I've decided how to do it, even though I don't really want to and need to move the furniture to it's final resting place. So YEA YEA YEA that you're done.

Stacey said...

I'm sure mine is A LOT smaller than yours!

DonnaSalazar said...

Your tree is adorable. I can't believe you already have some presents wrapped and under your tree! I only have a few presents bought! I'm so behind.

scrapnchat said...

I never knew what a creche was...is it like a nativity scene? We have done no decorating. I am in a bah humbug mood. I am skipping the holidays this year....Heather

Leah's Crafty Life said...

Your decorations are just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

My house is as decorated as it is going to get! I wish we could put presents under the tree. Then I wouldn't have to remember where I hid them...