Friday, January 4, 2008

My little violinist


Sara is in the school orchestra. They had their first concert in December. I was very impressed! They did a very nice job. David was able to go into work late that day, so he and I went together. Why on earth they have the concert during the school day, I don't know. If I were a parent that couldn't take time off to see my child in a concert, I'd be on the phone with the principal! Anyway, the orchestra has another concert in May or June and I'm looking forward to it. I just realized as I'm typing this that Sara hasn't picked up her violin since school got out. I guess that's going on her to do list for today! She's so cute. When someone plays the violin on the radio, TV or at church, she puts down whatever she's doing, gets a big smile and says, "I'm going to learn to play like that!". I love her so much!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh, how cute she is. I love that she is passionate about that, very impressive. By the way how do you get her to wear her glasses?? Sophie has super cute glasses like that and I struggle daily with her taking them off and hiding them. I think I feel a blog idea coming on!!

Stacey said...

Thanks! Sara has always been good about wearing them. It's been about 3 years now. Once in a while she forgets, but she doesn't resist wearing them. She's nine, though! I want to see a picture of Sophie in her glasses!!!

scrapnchat said...

Love to see a kid play the violin. I used to as a kid and until Jr. High then quit in 8th grade. Wish I would have kept it up....tell Sara that...Heather

Timani said...

How fun! I didn't know she was learning to play. Sara looks cute!

Since I know about scheduling school events...I'll put in my two-cents. Big rule...you can't please all people anytime (regarding school & students & scheduling), so it's a whole lot easier getting ALL the students there for a concert during school vs. evening. (but that's just my two cents)

Stacey said...

I guess that's true. It just seems weird that a concert is in the day. I only remember jr and high school concerts, though, and they are always in the evening.

Anonymous said...

What a super sweet picture. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Definitely have to take pics of your layouts...I'll do it for you. Bring them next time I see you when we scrap. :)