Sunday, November 18, 2007

Better late than never...




Here are some photos from Halloween! I'm only a little slow. Dallin went trick-or-treating with a friend and dressed up as a surfer. He looked exactly like he does in the summer: board shorts and a rash guard. I didn't get any pics of him. Lauren started out as a diva witch at our ward trunk-or-treat and by Halloween she was a "black widow". Sara was Mary Poppins (her favorite Disney character). She won 2nd place at the Halloween party here at our clubhouse! The prize was 2 movie tickets.
We found a pumpkin patch that was almost as good as our Oregon pumpkin patches. I wish I'd gotten a better picture of the patch with palm trees in the background! The one I took is fuzzy and the palm trees just look like bushes!

I went way overboard on buying candy for trick-or-treaters. After eating some of it we donated 15 lbs (that includes what the kids received while trick-or-treating) to Sara's school. They have a group that sends it to the troops in Afganistan and Iraq. The girls happily donated all of their candy and Dallin donated most of his. He just kept a few pieces for himself. While trick-or-treating, Sara was given a giant-sized Hershey bar that she donated.


We have this tradition of eating chili on Halloween night. We've been doing it for about 9 years. For whatever reason, my kids don't even realize it. Nine years, and they haven't noticed a pattern! They are surprised every year when I mention that we are going to be eating our traditional All Hallow's Eve dinner. "What do we always eat?" "What tradition?" "Is it pizza?" PIZZA?????? We've never had pizza on Halloween! Apparently this will not be a tradition that they will be interested in continuing when they leave home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great in their costumes!

That is so funny about the chili! It's kind of like my kids with opening pajamas on Christmas Eve...they always hope it is something else. Um..nope! Never will be. It's called a TRADITION. Doh!

Love your new picture!

Did you get my message? Call me!

Anonymous said...

The kids look great! I love your new picture too-it is so you!!

That's funny-we always have pizza because it is all I have time for on Halloween!! I am impressed you have a tradition during all of the hustle and bustle of costumes and trick-or-treating. My tradition is try and not yell at my kids that evening. Oh yea, that's called a dream!

Timani said...

I LOVE Sara's costume! Our last day at Disneyland the kids got their picture taken with Mary Poppins.

That's neat that their candy gets sent to troops overseas. Ours just gets sent to the teachers who pass it out. LOL! No wonder why we have a nation of fat kids. This year I gave out packets of hot chocolate and glow stick bracelets.

Ann-Marie said...

Your kids look even older than when they were here this summer! I almost didn't recognize Sara! That's a great idea to donate the candy...our Halloween candy is now resting comfortably around Jerome's waist...