Thursday, April 19, 2007

I think of myself as a girl who loves clothes and has a lot. But then I look in my closet. I have about 1/3 of the clothes and shoes that David does. That's bad. Just bad. What kind of girl am I? I've got to fix this. I religiously watch "What Not to Wear". I think that might have been the catalyst to my shrinking closet. I keep getting rid of the things that I don't love (and don't fit quite right), but I don't have the $5000 Bank of America card or Stacy and Clinton helping me shop. So, I take the information I've gleaned in the 3 years I've watched the show and clean out my closet. I start work on Monday and yes, it's in a school library, so I don't have to dress up, but I do need to wear something other than jeans. I went shopping today to restock the closet. I especially need "bottoms". I came home with a pair of shoes, four blouses/shirts, two paper lanterns for the girls' beach themed room and a large woven "beach bag" to hang in their room (to house the stuff they don't have time to put away before leaving for school). Ummmm...did you notice that I did not list skirts, capris, pants or trousers? That's a problem. I tried Old Navy, Ross and Target. I'm going to have to break down and go to Ann Taylor Loft. I love the store but I have a hard time paying that much for clothes. I'm a "sale" girl (thanks Mom!). Oh well...a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey! We should shop together...because when I shop I come home with skirts skirts skirts and possibly some pants or capris and NO TOPS never! It's bad. I have a serious problem with this. We could compliment each other!

Anonymous said...

I meant to say...ever. Not never. Bad grammar! LOL