Friday, June 19, 2009

Eleven


Sara's birthday was yesterday. It was also the last day of school for her and I. She requested sushi, chinese chicken salad and potstickers for dinner. We added plums to the mix, too. Then we had Holy Cow Cake (if I feel energetic tomorrow, I'll post the recipe). Yum! She opened presents (clothes, books, movie tickets and money from Aunt Natalie). Today we picked up a couple of her friends and went to a salon where they got their finger and toe nails painted. Then we went to the home of a very creative lady in our ward who fixed their hair. We came home to a house totally decorated by Lauren and her friend Courtney (who happens to be the sister of one of the girls Sara invited). They did a fabulous job! I'll try and post pictures tomorrow. The older girls have played games, given facials, served food and been wonderful hostesses. They even took the girls across the street to play at the park for a while.


Happy 11th birthday Sara!!!!

7 comments:

Summer said...

Happy B-day to Sara! That sounds like a fun day. What a nice sister Lauren is! I want the Chinese Chicken Salad recipe along with the cake recipe - all of it sounds delicious.

Timani said...

Happy Birthday Sara!!!! I completely forgot and I'm surprised you are finally getting out of school.

Ann-Marie said...

Happy Birthday, Sara! I can't believe I forgot...okay, maybe I can. I'm pretty forgetful...

Dan and Donna said...

Wonderful blog! That cake sounds delicious. Sara, it sounds like you had a wondeful birthday. Hopefully the card I sent arrived...probably late..sorry! Hope to see you all soon.

Natalie said...

Sounds FUN!! I'm so glad I FINALLY got a card on time for a birthday! :-) But at least it sounds like I'm not the only one who forgets or is late!!

scrapnchat said...

Yummmmmmm....you are making me hungry! That cake certainly can't be fat free! Happy Birthday to Sara! We have to get together now that we are out for the summer. p.s...I could NEVER do that running!

scrapnchat said...

Hmmm...my comment didn't post-hope it doesn't go through twice. Happy bday to Sara. Lets get together now that school is out! Your entry made me hungry-the cake sounds super fattening (but yummy)! YIKES! I am impressed with the running-I could never do it...