Saturday, October 4, 2008

Grandma's visit



My mom came to visit us a couple of weekends ago. She drove down here (by herself) from Eastern Oregon. After she left us she drove to Las Vegas to visit her aunt/uncle/cousins and then on to Provo and Tooele to visit my brother Dave and his girlfriend and brother Dan and his family. I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted to. I just forget! Mom made apple butter with the girls and also brought them an ice shaver for snowcones (and about 4 different syrups). It was nice visiting with her. We didn't really do anything exciting...just hung out and relaxed. I hope she had a nice time. We are really enjoying the apple butter Mom! Thanks!


I'm thankful for: my Mom, my good childhood, rain

5 comments:

Summer said...

Wow, how do you make apple butter? I've looked for it in the store and only seen one brand that's really expensive. Is it hard?

Timani said...

Glad she visited! She did have a nice time!!! We got a call from her Thursday night after we were all asleep saying she was in Vegas and will be at our house the next day. What??? We had no idea she was taking a trip, she forgot to mention it to us! But that isn't the first time we've been surprised...once she called, "we just went through Boise, we'll be there in about 5-6 hours." Again, had no idea they were visiting. LOL! At least I get a little warning.

brittney perry said...

ah! I got a can of this! it is excellent :) thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures looks like you girls had lots of fun.
Now I want to make some apple butter.

Vickie

Ann-Marie said...

Yummy, I love the look of home canned food!!!!
Apple butter is so easy. You can also make pear butter and peach butter, all three are delicious! I usually use my crock pot, but you can do it on the stove. (Crock pot is easier, you can let it sit and cook all night.) Ann-Marie