Friday, October 12, 2007

Twelve

I can't believe it! Lauren is twelve today. Right now I'm sitting on a bar stool in the kitchen because the living room has been taken over by 11-12 year old girls. Eleven of them. And one isn't here yet. We are drowning in pink streamers (in 3 shades) and silver accents, including stars hanging from the ceiling with pink ribbon. There is a chocolate fountain and bowls of pretzels, strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, madelines, graham cracker sticks covering the bar. Two empty boxes of pizza and many cans of soda and bottles of water are on the table. The girls are now watching Material Girls and when the movie is over we will be heading to the hot tub. Presents and cupcakes await us when we return.

The good news is that I don't need to entertain these girls. The are happy watching a movie, talking and listening to music. The bad news (and this is REALLY bad) is that I do not have a camera. David took his camera to Utah and mine is broken. I'm so sad! The room looks beautiful and so do all of the girls. And I won't have a single picture from Lolo's only 12th birthday! Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. I guess I'll have a pretzel dipped in chocolate.

3 comments:

Timani said...

I hope you were able to borrow a camera!

Dion said...

Happy Birthday! (It's still friday in California, right?)

Anonymous said...

NO CAMERA??? Oh that just about does me in. You know that right? does. me. in. LOL

And the description of that chocolate fountain made me seriously jealous and hungry too. YUMMMMMY.