Saturday, October 27, 2007

Moab

The guys survived their 24 hour race in Moab, Utah. Dallin loved it, David liked it. It was hard, dangerous, dark, dusty. They had a five man team and each person rode a 15-mile loop, then the next guy would take off and do the same loop. Each loop took them about 2 hours. So the first guy started at noon, the next went out at about 2, then 4, etc. They rode that way all through the night (how would you like someone to radio you at 2 in the morning and tell you it's your turn to ride!). They drew numbers to see what position they would ride. Dallin was first, then David, Nick, Chris and then Mark. Since Dallin was the first to ride, with the way the laps went, he ended up riding the last lap. It was his 3rd lap and everyone else rode two laps. But he didn't care. He loves riding his bike. I liked the thought of the two of them being able to do something like that together.
OK, I've tried twice to add photos, but blogger is not cooperating, so they will have to wait!

On another note, I'm teaching Relief Society (women's class at our church) tomorrow. I hope it goes well. I'm just substituting, but I get so nervous. I'm not nervous now, but I will be tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

Timani said...

Dallin, you rock!!! That's so awesome.

Stacey, you're lucky! Teaching RS is fun. I hope you enjoyed it and did a great job.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog-it was the one I was reading all afternoon trying to catch up on what you all have been up to. The kids are beautiful and they look so grown up since I saw them last. Wow!! Can't wait for more posts and pictures!
Jennifer