Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wonderful summer day.


Sara and I spent several hours today on Balboa Island. The weather is beautiful, the sky is blue, the water is sparkling. So, so nice. We walked around the bay looking at the adorable houses and sailboats. We (mostly she) played in the water. We stood in line to take the ferry to the fun zone, but one of the ferries broke down and it was taking waaay too long to fix it. We're going to go back for that next week. We ate at a very tiny, but super yummy mexican place called Picante Martin's. We bought salt water taffy (and some malted milk chocolate balls for David) at Balboa Candy. Then we came home and took a nap. Sara is still sleeping. Tonight David, Sara and I are going to see William Shakespeare's As You Like It performed in a lovely outdoor theater. This is a wonderful summer day.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to afford to have this built right on the bay?
I love seeing these houses so clean and lined up. Perfect.

I really want to see inside this one. But I don't have $3000/week to rent it or a couple of million to buy it.

Sara liked this one. It looks like Snow White's cottage.


Salt water taffy, baby!

5 comments:

Dan and Donna said...

I want to come back and take that same walk! Beautiful views and beautiful Sara...

Timani said...

How fun!

Stacey said...

I wish I'd known about it before you left. I think you would really enjoy it. My parents were here in May and it would've been nice to take them, too. I was telling David that we've now got something else to show family when they come visit. next time!

Unknown said...

Nice pictures looks like you both had a great time.

Natalie said...

Super cute-both of you! Looks like a fun, fun day.