Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I must be insane and new furniture

I painted our kitchen, dining area and living room (basically all one room) and our hallway in Novemeber. I painted it a beige-khaki-tan color. Well, I've decided I want a little more color in our living space. Color makes me happy! So, I'm repainting. Yes, I'm crazy! Six months and I'm doing it again. I'm going back to a light colored wall...saffron ivory. It's basically a white with a bit of yellow in it. We don't get a lot of sun so I thought going really light would be good. We are getting new carpet on Monday. We just bought a new sectional sofa (delivery is next Wednesday!) It's a brown color. I know, I know! I said I like color. But, I want my big stuff to be neutral because I like changing my mind and my rooms almost as much as I like color. So, here's the plan: Saffron ivory walls in the living/dining area, fun green walls in the kitchen, brown sofa, colorful pillows, curtains and artwork. I hope it turns out as fun as it is in my head. I'm trying to get all of the painting done before the new carpet comes. Oh, and we are getting a new mattress delivered tomorrow...can't wait for that! We also bought a new dining table and chairs. I've never had a brand new dining table. The one we are using now was a Goodwill find several years ago. I paid $80 for it. Repainted it and recovered the chairs (a couple of times). The new table is counter height. It's perfect for us, because Cooper (our dog) likes to put his front paws on the edge of the table and lick up anything left on the table - yep, disgusting! For those of you that have eaten from that table, you can stop dry heaving because I do disinfect! Anyway, it will be nice that he can't even reach to put his paws up on the table. And perfect for standing and scrapbooking!!!
I'm counting down the days until summer vacation! Still loving my job, but I'm ready for some relaxation :) I wish David could take some time off this summer. He's sick today. He went to work because he has this big presentation tomorrow that he had to prepare for. I'm not sure what tomorrow will be like for him, though. As soon as he got home today he took Nyquil (is that spelled correctly???) and went to bed. Poor guy! He says he has to go to work tomorrow.
I'm getting tired, so off to read a little and then hit the hay - last night with this mattress. Today I'm thankful for: sunny days, paint rollers, Sprouts (farmer's market grocery store)

6 comments:

Diane Owen said...

I wish I were as creative as you in decorating. I need you to come tell me what to do with my house, your idea sounds lovely. I can't wait to see pictures of the new paint and furniture! I want a new table badly, but its not on the priority list yet...some day.

Timani said...

I love getting new furniture!!! Especially beds and couches. We bought our dining set 7 years ago, but I'd love a new table and chairs!!!!

Although I will say I laughed out loud when I read you like color so you are painting walls a light light yellow. I was picturing something bold like red or a fun green, not light. ;) I don't think you are too crazy with repainting, I've repainted before even 6 months was up.

It's a good thing you are getting a new table, after reading that Cooper licks the edges, I'd NEVER eat at that thing again. :) (Not like I'm ever there anyway)

Stacey said...

:) I guess I shoud've clarified the color thing. I love color, but because we have a smallish area and not a lot of light, I felt like I needed to paint it a lighter color. It's so much brighter now than with the tan! The bright colors will come in through pillows, art, maybe a rug, curtains. I'm also eyeing a red bookcase that I just love. I might add that, too! You're right...light yellow isn't daring!

Timani said...

I understood. Lily's room is a light light yellow and it looks really good.

Anonymous said...

Well all that decorating sounds like fun!! I've been in decorating mood lately but just haven't quite gotten enough energy to push me over the edge into DOING anything. LOL

Anonymous said...

Whoa Stacey...you look like you have been super busy. You must take pics of how the place looks all painted. Can't wait. BTW...LOVE the red bookshelf. A definitely must buy. Take care.